1) I am not a fan of civilization. That might be apparent from me being on -rewilding- boards and transition movements.
2) Some folks have asked if it’s okay to appropriate arts, languages and traditions if it works towards some perceived greater benefit.
3) The answer is NO. Clearly no. Definitively no. Historically no.
4) If you are taking something from another culture without their permission, regardless of your intent, you are a thief and it is a destructive act.
5) If you are taking something from another culture without their permission while they are still under assault from genocide, then not only are you a thief, you’re a goddamned thief and may Odin shrivel your manhood and the fruit of your loins be poisonous.
Do you really think this is the first time this argument has been put forth? It is the core argument for slavery, for colonization, for civilization itself. There are -reams- of paperwork talking about it. They weren’t using it right; we can use it better.
So the answer is NO.